CLUB STATEMENT 16th March 2020
Dear Parent / Carer.
As a precaution against the corona virus, please be advised that the club will be suspending any team training with immediate effect and withdrawing from our fixtures scheduled for this weekend in the Epsom & Ewell Football league.
The club’s decision has been made following the updated government advice that non-essential contact or travel should not be made.
I am sure that you understand that the health and well being of our players, parents etc is the most important issue.
We will of course keep you updated moving forwards.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
COVID-19 - Nork Park Rangers FC Training and Matches
Following the outbreak of coronavirus and ongoing Government and NHS guidelines, please can everyone take note of this important communication.
To help mitigate the potential spread and protect the wellbeing of all our players, volunteers and families, as you would expect we will also aim to follow guidelines for individuals attending our activities. These remain subject to change, in-line with Government advice and national / regional developments.
As with fixtures at the highest level, we will also avoid handshakes. This measure is also a symbolic reminder that all involved should follow good hygiene practices including washing hands prior to and after activities, visits to the toilet etc. Please do continue to remind your son/daughter, so that we can all play our part.
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to any of the questions below (which follow government guidance), participation in Nork Park activities will not be appropriate until enough time has passed and/or significant symptoms have gone. Therefore, we ask that people / players do not attend sessions / matches if relevant and communicate closely with coaches / parent reps or welfare officers, who can in turn keep the Club committee informed of any significant updates.
1. Have you visited any of the following Category 1 areas within the last 14 days:
• Hubei province in China
• Special care areas in South Korea (Daugu and Cheongdo)
2. Have you visited any of the following Category 2 countries / areas in the last 14 days:
• Other parts of mainland China or South Korea
• Cambodia, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam
3. In the last 14 days, have you been in close contact (spent more than 15 minutes within a 2-metre radius) with a person deemed to be at risk of having contracted coronavirus?
4. Is your school or place of work currently closed as a result of coronavirus?
5. Do you currently have any of the following symptoms?
• Difficulty breathing
• ‘Flu-like symptoms’
Thank you as ever for your ongoing support. Working together to do the right thing by others across the NORK PARK RANGERS COMMUNITY, nobody, including players and coaches, should feel any pressure to play or turn up, especially if they are unwell or have concerns linked to the points above.
With kind regards from the Nork
Park Rangers FC Committee